Review - Flames of War "The Great War" - Part 1

Model Review

Screen Art were all familiar with.

So a little over a month ago of writing this BattleFront decided to come out with "The Great War", which we all assume is being done to take advantage of the century anniversary of World War I.  I have to say this release like all others from BattleFront is much anticipated from me and others in my gaming circle.  To say that we all swore that we would not do this as we have how many other systems, but to cave all the same.


Nice detail on the models from this picture.

What does this mean for those of us who think that Battlefront is already stretched to thin?  Well for me this means that I will not do any subscription service or wait for it to hit a re-seller for any chance of a discount.  That's right my friends I will be purchasing this as soon as Battlefront opens sales on it.  One of the things I have learned already is to take advantage of releases when they first occur to ensure that you at-least get your stuff.

Just from this one I don't like the trenches.

See I have taken part in both of the troubled(to say the least) house subscriptions, the great 40% off Vietnam sale, and even some of the hard to get terrain.  The reason being that many times releases from Battlefront are short term.  Since they have problems keeping things in stock even on there own website.  Does anyone know when the follow items will be re-released?  Summer trees, rivers, or even some of the earlier buildings?  Nope because your best bet is to buy it when its release and bite the bullet.

My army of choice for now.

Now that my little rant is over for today and I pack the soap box away lets look at the above army roster for the British.  British, I hear you saying.  Yes I have decided to do the Tea drinking little buggers for my army.  What could possible prize me away from my German fascination?  Well I would do the french but I'm not even sure they are planning on releasing them.  I'm sure they will but, I don't want to wait.

Yes I will build it to the 2k point right off the bat.

I like the idea of building this list right off the bat with only an investment of under 150.00 bucks.  The only problem that I have with this release is that I do not like trenches.  So I plan on making my own similar to the ForgeWorld Death Korps of Krieg ones.  If anyone has seen them used its a nice system and now that I have a prototype machine in the works I plan to make them available for mass production.







Popular Posts