Review - Secret Weapon Miniatures - "Runic Mountain Bases"

Model Review

Today we talk about Secret Weapon Miniatures bases for your models.

40mm Runic Mountain Bases

A few years ago I purchase these awesome bases after hearing about them on 40k Radio from Spencer and Scott the previous host of 40k Radio.  So I checked them out and ordered them up.  At the time the only available version of these were the straight sided ones.  Which I really didn't have a problem with at the time as I wanted to build a display board for them to fit into.  The sad news is that they no longer make them in this configuration, so I will need to cast up my own.

But here you can see the very first set that I painted up using only a base spray of "Army Painter Desert Brown" and "Games Workshop Codex Gray".  I also applied various washes to create some additional depth to the colors.



So simple to paint and stain.

I would highly recommend these to anyone who is looking for some scenic bases that they do not want to make themsleves.  Secret Weapon Miniatures carries a very diverse line of base types in various sizes and shapes.


Popular Posts