Warhammer 40k Project "Tyrannic War Veterans" Part 1


Back to the joys of 40K gaming with my friends.  After a very long break from the Games-Workshop end of the future my buddies and I have decided to take a break from Flames of War and rebuild our 40k forces.


So with that in mind I am once again drawn back into the grim dark future that is 40k gaming and the rebirth of my Tyrannic Ultramarine Veterans.



So why not work on all those Grey Knight models you have been working on collecting and stripping.  Well the answer to that one is simple, my buddy Steve is playing Tyranids and I cannot pass on an opportunity to kill bugs with my boys in blue.

I had to dig in my hobby room to find the remnants of the force that I started over 10 years ago.  I have sold off plenty of the force and really only had a few handfuls of metal models left.  Which is going to work well enough, since this force is being built with a limited budget this time around.  The other big surprise is that they will once again be stripped and repainted to all match.

Better than crack !!!
Here you can see what was in the baggies from the above picture.  I have enough for three five man tactical teams, two vanguard squads, and maybe a Sternguard squad. Plus some chapter masters, Chaplin Cassius himself, and Chief Librarian Tigrus, as well as two dreadnoughts.  Not a bad start if for what I have laying around.



This sadly is the remains of Brother Mathuis who has used inferno cannon to purge hordes of xenos scum in many battles.  He will be rebuilt as a fire support dreadnought with a new brother interned in the great dreadnought sarcophagi.



This all needs to be cleaned up.

The above picture was placed into my ultrasonic cleaner for a few days with simply green and then pulled out and scrubbed with a toothbrush to break up most of the paint.

First pass in the ultrasonic cleaner, about 80% done.








Popular Posts