Building a Custom 3D X-Wing Table - Part 1

The miniature game of X-Wing by Fantasy Flight Games is completely awesome in my book.  Well balanced and a boatload of fun for not just me and my friends but also my family as well.  My wife actually makes the "Pew,Pew, Pew" sound when she rolls the dice to shoot.

Now there have been a lot of people out there that jumped on the band wagon to build a 3D table of the death star and I even looked into buying one myself from of those fine individuals.  But why buy it when I can build it myself.  Besides to me the quality wasn't all there on some of the ones I had seen.  I started this about a year ago before the second wing was announced and am just now getting around to finishing the table up.

This will be a 8 part series to show you how you could create one yourself.

Basics of my design on this would be to create a 6 inch by 6 inch basic tile piece that would be used to create a 12 inch by 12 inch larger one later on.

First thing is to layout the basic grid for you to use.


Then using spare material I filled up the void areas.

I also wanted laser towers so I started to build that too.

I primed the piece to find rough areas of material and smoothed them down.







Popular Posts