Review - Flames of War "Trenchline System"


Model Review

Today's review article is on Battlefronts new Trench Line system for Great War.  I pre-order this when it was first available and had to wait to open the two boxes that I ordered.  When they arrived I was not only happy but very impressed with the quality of the terrain.

The box is a standard large flat one similar to the rivers boxes.
Like all of the Battlefield in a box sets everything is Pre-Painted to a tabletop standard.  I would like to go back and detail it later on to make it more customized.  But once again that's a little ways off.

The back of the box shows the pieces and quantities that are included.
One of the major concerns I had with the set was that it would be made with the same material as the road sets that are made.  If anyone has a set they know my biggest complaint and that's the roads are flimsy and the bottom part tends to stick to any surface if placed onto it for any given time.

I have in the past experience "leakage" of the resin because of it was not fully harden before painting.  Which has caused some damage to tabletops before I started stripping them allowing them to proper breathing time before painting them again.

The trench set seems stiffer and is clearly made of the same material but we will see if it suffers the same problems.

All the pieces from one box laid out make a play area of 4' long and a little over 15" deep.

Popular Posts