British - Flames of War "The Great War" - Part 2




Model Project "British Great War"

All the models have been primed and I have some free time to start painting.  Like I said before I will be painting each figure individually in a mass production process.  So once I start on one model they all get the same treatment.

For the sake of consistency I will use the same model for all the pictures with some over all shots later on.

The first thing that I had to do was order up a set of British paints from Battlefront.  From there and the posted article on their website I decided to start off with

Flames of War Painting British Article

I started with British Battledress so that I had a nice dark base to build up from and add highlights to later.  For base colors I usually give the model a full day for the paint dry so I can see what it looks like.

First Coat of paint
It doesn't look like much but the second coat smoothed out the color a great deal.

Second Coat of paint
Once the paint dried I started to add flesh colors with Army Painters "Barbarian Flesh"

Don't worry if you miss a spot or its not even.











Popular Posts