Sailing the high seas with Black Seas!




I do have a weak spot for anything sail ships and warlord games Black Seas peaked my interest.  But I did manage to hold off on buying it......that is until.  My buddy Justin went to Historicon this year and while there all on his own he bought a starter box of United States.  The moment he messaged me about it I ordered up my British starter set.  This ones all on him.......



Ordered up from Miniature Market as they are my go to store since The Warstore decided to stop doing business.


That's alot of ships in the box, while I prefer working with pewter or resin these do not look to bad.(Of how I regret that statement when I started building these)


Some items are resin....mostly larger ships and such.









Ok this image is poorly done in my opinion.  Part "B" does't work in that position very well.  Now maybe I am missing something but an actual building video from Warlord Games would work wonders here.



I did prime the models in black and then went over with a gray primer to highlight areas for painting.  Then I just hit everything I needed to and did matte black when all my base colors were in place.




After I was happy with the colors I hit the whole model with some Army painter soft tone to bring out some detail.  Looks good enough for the arms length rule of painting.


Started work on the remaining Brigs and as you can see the mast will be glued in place afterwards.  I will not fully assemble ships again and then paint them.


Since I was looking at the rules and possiable scenarios in the future I decided to start working on some terrain.  Now you do not need terrain but the rules do allow for some interesting land based units.


During the Front Line Gaming sale I picked up a Caribbean sea mat for Blood and Plunder and Black Seas.  I don't like vinyl ones so I tend to go with neoprene ones.


Not a huge fan of the cost of the Warlord Games box of terrain, since I was already 3D printing my own stuff I designed this lighthouse.  Hopefully it paints up nicely.  I also had some JR Miniatures  islands in 1:1200 scale but figured they might do well with 1:600.



Quick little paint job and were ready to go.  I might add some clump foliage to make it look more lush.


The Alchemist Cove and Comics in Schuylkill Haven, PA ran some demos the other day so I was able to try the game out with some friends.  Aaron the owner ran the games and was very good.


As usual when I got home I had the itch but was waiting on glue to dry to paint.  So I pulled out some materials and started working on terrain.  This is a boarder terrain piece so will sit in a corner of the table as its not meant to dominate the table.



Much better layout but that cutback from the fort was a paint to fit in.  And shortly after getting all that ready I finished up the 5 Brigs I had sitting around.


Popular Posts