Dystopian Wars - Part 1 - An introduction and new addiction.



I have always had a fondness for naval war games and wanted to jump on the Dystopian Wars band wagon when it first came out.  But was worried that they would not really take off very well and would be a flash in the pan so to say.  How sad I am to say that after the game being out for several years I have only now decided to actually start it.

Plus with the recent release of the 2.0 version of the rules I have all the more reason to start an army.  Now I don't know a single thing about the game at this point but do know that the models are done to at high standard and seem pretty straight forward.  With the thought that I can build and paint up a force I have decided to base my army choice purely on visual reasons.


My first order which gives me just about everything for around $190.00 bucks.
Above is the order that I placed from various retailers to save money.  I could have gone to eBay for most of this and more but wanted to build from scratch.  Also I have no idea how the resin would react from specific chemicals or cleaners.  So all new out of the box army.  The plus side is that I can now discipline myself to build one box at a time and have a more structured approach to building the army over time.

In the following blog post I will cover what is in the box and how many points are in each one to start with.  From what I can tell each of these boxes could be used as its own starter army.  I could be wrong but have no idea at this point.  I also managed to score a previous version of the rules for a basis and fluff of the game universe.

Popular Posts