Review - Games Workshop "Agrellan Earth" - Technical Paints

Model Review

Today were gonna talk about Games-Workshops Agrellan Earth

One pot of basing material as you purchase it.
About a year ago Games-Workshop came out with a line of paints called Technical paints.  This line has several purposes and I was lucky that my wife purchase the entire set for me with new brushes as well.  I have to admit I don't get to excited about GW products much anymore but once in awhile they really do knock my socks off.


"Agrellan Earth creates a cracked earth effect for use on the bases of miniatures."
Games-Workshop Website

This is one of those products that works as advertised creates a realistic parched earth for basing.  The product is just "painted" on and then allowed to dry over time to create the look.  This will make my sons life easier for his vampire army that he is slowly building and my life easier as well.


I chose to use some Flames of War bases to test out how thick I should paint it to gain the effect that I wanted.  As you can see it actually has a nice thick quality to it which helps in placing it onto your surface.

Light (Left), Medium (Middle), and Heavy (Right)
After 24 hours here is the below result.  While the far right side would work well for 28mm gaming, the middle one would work well for 15mm, with the left one being great for 6mm.  The only thing I noticed was that I would want to paint my bases first and then apply the paint with a layer of watered down PVA glue to hold it into place when done.

Light (Left), Medium (Middle), and Heavy (Right)

Popular Posts