Soviet Army vs German Army - 1750pts (Mid war)

Soviet Army
Guards Tank Battalion
1750 pts

This game was played using the "Surrounded" mission from the main rule-book.  This mission worked well for me as I was then playing on the long ways of the table.  With my Guards Tank army I knew I was in for a great time.  My opponent had a German Infantry list with some nasty little treats in store for me.  As you can see from the picture below he had a group of PAK guns, two squads of infantry, a mortar platoon, three mauders, and a tiger tank.

Took the element of surprise and deployed along my table edge.


The mission is fun and requires the attacker to deploy in both areas.


Moved my t34's in position and found a tiger and HMG teams waiting for me.

The other side of the table was moving along nicely with no damage.

Check that I wasn't out of range of those PAK guns.

The PAK guns managed to bail out a tank.  The tiger's attack was ineffective as well.


Surround the woods at let lose with cannon and MG's.

Moving in closer to the morter platoon.

The mauders were destroyed by this point but I was suffering huge losses.

I forgot a SU-85 from my list.  That's 100 pts not on the table.

At this point of the game my opponent started to pull infantry stands from the other objective thinking it to be a slug fest and that I gave up on the other one near him.  I promptly pulled one side of my t34's and high tailed it over to the other side of the table at double time.  The look of terror on his face told him that he was now in trouble.  Having pulled his infantry from their prepared positions they were in the open.

At this point my plan went into action.


Moving at the double to sweep to the other objective.

Sadly my plan ran out of time and I ran out of tanks.  By this point my CIC and first tank platoon were either bailed or destroyed.  I had to take three company morale checks before losing my last tank from the table.

Pulling the other t34's away from combat with the tiger.

Mortor platoon and mauders are gone by this point.

Two tanks bailed out one is my company command.

Running out of tanks at this point.



Popular Posts