Blitz Part 1 - Panzer III L "Build"

Model Review

Today I will be talking about some miniatures that I picked up last year at Historicon.  These are advertised as 28mm scale models for historical war gaming.  According to our buddy Steve, these are not accurately scaled but I'm sure he will write an article explaining this in the future.

But for now lets get onto the models themselves.



So the first model I will start with is the German Panzer III L which is a nice entry to the 28mm market.  The model itself is solid cast resin in two pieces(turret and hull/tracks) and did require some clean up.  I had already decided to replace the resin barrel as it was severely bent and would have been a pain to correct.  So a brief eBay search I found steel and aluminum barrels to replace it.  With some slight modification to make it fit snugly into place.


I did place a large magnet in a plastic-card covering so that I could not worry about knocking it lose during game-play.

You can see the stowage that was cast into place.

Here is the turret before I glued the hatches into place and cleaned up some minor flash issues.


I did have to trim the bottom to allow room.








Popular Posts