Epic 40,000 - City Fight Terrain Part 4

Circling back around to the epic table that I have been trying to build.  I finally got some inspiration for laying out the table.  Originally I was going to mount all the buildings to 3mm or thicker plastic card in hopes that I would like the idea.  Well given a few months the idea has proving to have not taken hold and I am once again back to building a solid table with 1/4" MDF hard boards.

When I have time before winter hits I like to cut some 12"x 12" stock boards for hobby projects.  Since I will be rebuilding my actual gaming table here shortly in the future I wanted to start planning to do custom tables for the systems that I play or want to play.  (One of those systems happens to be MechaFront which my pledge for that happened to be in 6mm as well.)



So the other night I decided to start laying out some ideas for the table to see how well it would look and work out.  The idea is to use plasticard for the road ways cut at 2-1/2" wide with 1/4" sidewalks on either side to break up the flatness.  I put a few quick buildings on the board and some models I happened to have handy.  I have to be honest they look great on there.

Standard two lane road, just big enough for two tanks coming and going or a warhound going!

Street View



Popular Posts