Review - Proxie Models - 15mm Terrain

Model Review

Today I want to talk about another of those rare finds that people sometimes overlook in trying to find terrain.  Proxie Models located in York Pennsylvania has an interesting blog and website.  I have followed their blog for awhile now and would highly recommend anyone to have a read through it.

Proxie Models Website


I ordered up a large selection of goods from his online store.  I wanted to try it out and see what kind of service and quality I would receive.  My order consisted of several kits listed below and I figured would give me a great choice of goods.

All the items came with store 
Overall the kits are lovely and an extreme pleasure to work with, hard to believe that its a one man outfit.  While I could have just built the kits straight from the bags, the best trial by fire would be to make something even more interesting.  So with that in mind I set about building a few buildings for my upcoming 15mm gaming.

First up was a generic apartment/office building with multiple floors.  I did not make this model interactive meaning you cannot lift the roof off and play floor by floor.  But this is meant to be a piece of terrain to conceal large stompy robots.  Took about 3 hours to complete.

A six story apartment building.

Rear side of the buidling.
While the apartment building was a interesting project I decided to shift focus here and build out a warehouse.  The idea is to have large playable area inside that could be used.  I think it works well enough so far and will look much better painted up.  Total build time was around about 5 hours on a Friday night and was built from scrap materials from other projects.
Front of the two story warehouse.

Yes that is a lower floor of the warehouse.

Stairs and railings.

A look from the "street" view.
I decided to build another office type building but make this one interactive.  Not entirely sold on the outer layout but will wait to see how it plays out.
Possiable school or office building.

Making this deeper so I can play inside.






Popular Posts