Warhammer 40k Project "Tyrannic War Veterans" Part 2

Rebuilding the war vets has been a slow process of cleaning up the models.  All of the models in my army are metal and have been painted or worked on thru the years.  The best part of this process is that I can go back and add more detail to the models a second time around building and painting.

Armorcast effects to make them more dynamic.  While the bases are Proxie Models.


Of course no marine army is worth its weight without having some armored transports.  So the first one to be started is of course a stripped down Rhino chassis being re-purposed from my old Grey Knights army.

Replaced the front panel and doors.
Their is alot of cleaning up to remove as much paint from the previous model to allow for a smooth coat of primer to cover it here in the near future.

Rear door is a nice touch, but I only have one of them.

Top hatch removed and cleaned up.
At this point I decided to add in a new top hatch that has the tactical troop symbol.  I might do this for all of my Rhino's in the future of this project.  The hardest part is deciding the size without going to crazy.  Right now I have a pair of magnets holding the pieces together.  In the future this will be able to switch over to a razorback when I get some parts in.  So I cannot go to crazy with the design of the top hatch.

Trying to clean up some of the other areas that need some work.

Still deciding on this, the magnet is holding the two pieces together.









Popular Posts