Team Yankee West Germans Part 1


I have sometime off from work since the students are on winter-break.  Nice on the nice things about working in the education field.  So I decided to try to finish up a few projects that I wanted to get started.  One of them was the West German army I wanted to play for Team Yankee.  At first my heart was set on the Soviet tank horde but the idea of rolling into battle with some Leopard 1's was just to much of a draw.  Not to mention I got that sweet trade at Fall-In this year, although their was no tanks in that trade at all.  Black Friday was the key to this expansion.

As you can see I am going with the Leopard 1 Panzer Zug

The building should be simple enough, I much prefer resin to plastic in this scale.

Part of the reason for going with the Leopard 1's over the Leopard 2's is that I want my force to be a little behind the times if you will.  Fortunately for me Battlefront came out with the Panzertruppen army list.



 Now I am still a little fuzzy on building armies with the Team Yankee cards but I at-least have a grasp of the core of my army.



My force will consist of the following.

  • Leopard 1 Panzer Kompanie HQ Designated "Sierra Alpha"
    • (x1) Leopard
  • Marder Panzergrenadier Team Designated "November Juliet"
    • (x3) Leopards
  • Leopard 1 Panzer Zug Team Designated "Sierra Four"
    • (x3) Leopards
  • Leopard 1 Panzer Zug Team Designated "Sierra Six"
    • (x3) Leopards
  • Leopard 1 Panzer Zug Team Designated "Sierra Nine"
    • (x3) Leopards
As you can see the bulk of the force is made of of full squads of Leopard 1' with a unit of Marder Panzergrenadiers to hold any objectives.  Plus I love the look of the Marder kit and still need to pick up a box.  The total points for this army somewhere in the 36 points before taking any of my support elements.

Below you can see the parts that you get in the Leopard 1's box set.  I was a little worried about Battlefront using resin for the tracks instead of pewter but they have done a great job of making all the parts fit correctly with minimal cleanup.




These tank drivers though I am sadly disappointed in, you can tell they were 3D printed and look like dog crap in my opinion.  I most likely will not be using any of these which is a shame as I usually like the models they put out.  I have heard/read that many people actually like these but to me they just don't hold a candle to what they previously have released.

Below are the cards that came with my Leopard 1's which I have to say is a smart move and really should make gaming much easier.  I only wish they had done this at the start of Flames of War.

These are from the box set and I am assuming that nothing really changes from the Army list.
Once again Battlefront did a good job on the cards but missed some opportunities on how it was laid out.  I am sure once I start gaming I will get use to the layout and how to use them.


 If your still reading, thank you and just to show that I have actually done some work.  Here is a picture of all the treads glued into place and awaiting the pewter bits tomorrow night.  You'll notice I have twelve tanks prepped, this is so I can be ready to expand into another list with the extra tanks.  Of course with most Battlefront armies you need a commander to lead your army and cannot purchase just one tank.  So I have two extras right now, but to keep the paint jobs matching as much as possible I will paint them all at once.


Speaking of painting, I will be using the airbrush for these and attempting to match the paint job from Battlefront as much as possible.

























Popular Posts