1/285th Armor or Micro Scale.....Modern Monday!

I have always been fascinated by 1/285th scale, Micro Armor, or 6mm modern whichever you want to call it.  Of course like I need another project to keep me busy.  But I finally bit the bullet and managed to purchase a nice selection of miniatures and terrain from GHQ and Gamecraft Miniatures.

Testing the first purchase to get a sense of scale and placement.
The reason of appeal of this scale is simply that it can be built quickly and is much easier to store.  Plus at this scale you can play some more realistic ranged combat to included naval and air assets.
With my first purchase out of the way of terrain I began to expand and plan my city.  Of course this is modern gaming but I have a few sci-fi elements that can make appearances for some games.

This is the hardest part of any table design, figuring out where to put things.

Tiles are made from 1/4" MDF and cut to 9" x 9" squares, which may seem a little small but allow me to layout the buildings with some streets and roadways.  The plan is to make the tiles easily so that in the future I can replicate them to add in elements of future purchases.  Also to allow for some new storage ideas, the games will be played on a 3 x 3 grid of tiles for 27" x 27" to start with.

Always check your work with models to be used.

I have decided to model the tiles so they can be interchanged for gaming so people cannot figure out ideal choke points.

I might close the roads up a bit.

Eagle eye viewers should recognize this house.

Small shopping complexes.

Good concealment and cover opportunities here.

First 6 tiles laid out, nothing glued down.


Popular Posts