Battle Valor Games - Game Review


Well yet another game system but this one is different in a positive way.  While at Fall-In 2017 this year we happened upon a 15mm game system being developed by Edward Spettigue of Mount Pleasant, PA.  We got to speak with him at his booth and he was very pleasant and friendly with my son and I.  One of the best parts of his game system that struck me was the rule of cool.  You pick your army by the race you would like to play and can ally any number of options.  I ended up with the "Orcians" as they are Orc like.  But do not have to be played as the savage orcs of every other fantasy realm.  They kinda reminded me of the Orcs from the World of Warcraft movie a few years ago.  The Frost Wolf clan......which will play a part of my army build later on.


Laying out my missile troops on bases

What is really draws me is Ed's ability to bring the game to a reasonable enjoyment without being told how my army is suppose to be.  With a simple stroke of genius he has captured the reason I got into tabletop gaming and that is to expand my imagination.

You build your army from the same list as everyone else, so a orc carrying a bow is the same points cost as a elf carrying a bow.  The only differnce between your army and your oppentants is how many points you spend on a skill level for your army.    The rules are currently listed as of the writing of this post for free in a unpublished PDF document for play testing.

And just in case you were wondering how many races you might be limited to, DON'T BE!  Ed told us that he currently has plans for 32 different races so you can build your army for just about any taste.

Below are some links for anyone interested.

Website Homepage

Facebook page

First Kickstarter

Second Kickstarter

My army as it stands, enough to play a game.

My general, usually mounted on 4 orcs carrying him. 
Your gonna need bases, Battlefront fill a Chinese take-out container was helpful.



What I still have to build.

Popular Posts