Another year done, what is in store for 2018


To start off 2018 I will have a quick look at what I accomplished in 2017.  First, I had some career changes that saw a big chunk of my hobby time taken away.  But I recently got that time back, but not without some drawbacks.  


Completed my first Micro Armor - US Army

Second Army for Micro Armor - Insurgents

Micro Armor - Civilian Markers

90% completed the Demo Table for Micro Armor

Created UN Security Forces for Micro Armor

Hit my goal of selling off items at Fall-In

Completed speed painting and basing technique for Bolt Action Soviet Army.

Completed an entire Bolt Action Soviet Winter themed army.

50% completed my West Germans for Team Yankee 15mm

Had a logo created for our local gaming group and Facebook page.
While I did complete some other items these are some of the highlights to what I accomplished over the last year.

I got into tabletop gaming playing Warhammer 40k and always enjoyed the game.  I tended to be drawn to sci-fi gaming and not fantasy or historical when I started playing.  That all changed years ago when I meet Justin who managed to get me into Flames of War WWII gaming.  From their I have moved onto various other gaming genres and even playing the despised square basing game of Warhammer Fantasy.  

My gaming collection has grown to countless piles/storage totes of models half built and new in box.  Sold entire collections for far less than I paid for them and even given some stuff away just to be rid of it.  I once again find myself at a crossroads of gaming that I have seen my friends encounter before they disappeared from the hobby.

Not to worry I will not be silently exiting stage left from tabletop miniature gaming but once again need to trim down my collections.  Which is harder and harder to do as I enjoy building and painting more than gaming sometimes.

So, with that said I am in the process of determining what will stay and what will go.  Part of that process is also to determine how much hobby time I can allocate during my days.

Popular Posts