Tanks the Modern Age an introduction to Soviets....


So the U.S.A. needs someone to fight against right?  Well the two T-64s that came in the starter set were built and ready for paint at the same time as the M1.  I did have a early T-72 that I painted with my airbrush when I did the West Germans for Team Yankee but that tank took forever to paint up.  Plus the soviets would have multiple paint patterns as the term Soviet Green can vary depending on who you speak with.


Clearly model gamer's need to rethink how we pick colors.
So a basic paint scheme would be in order for the T-64's.  This helped speed things up for getting models on the table too.

Army Painter Army Green Spray/FOW Tan Earth
It still amazes me how a simple dry-brush can really change how a model looks.  Not to mention one thing I do with a lot of Soviet armor I paint is to give it a heavy wash of GW Sepia to really show the lack of care in maintenance on my soviet tanks.

Dry-brush of Vallejo Iragi Sand
All my tanks accounted for to begin gaming, I may build another T-72 as a quick glance at the cards put them in cheaper points wise then the T-64.

Completed Tanks

Popular Posts